Training costs & themes
FYT is keen to support groups of youth workers (qualified and non-qualified, voluntary or paid, centre-based or detached etc.) in their own locations and areas of work. We are able to offer a range of training designed to meet local needs.
The types of subject areas that we are able to deliver include:
- Introduction to Youth Work
- Team Building in Youth Work
- The Big Society
- Responding to Challenging behaviour
- Detached Youth Work
- Understanding Young People
- Understanding Your Community
- Group Work
- Mission and Youth Work
- Setting Up a Youth Work Project
- Evaluation in Youth Work
- Spirituality and Young People
- Youth Culture
- Young People and Learning
- Project Planning and Development Funding
- Young People and Participation
- Community Organizing
- Work with volunteers
- Theological reflection
If you are interested in a training or workshop event in one of the areas above, or in other youth work related themes (by negotiation and discussion) we would ask you to:
Locate and book the venue, advertise and bring the biscuits!
Ensure that at least 12 people attend for a minimum of 1 hour to 2 hour session
FYT describes itself as a missionary community committed to justice, equality and community. People who ask us for training vary a lot in terms of resource availability and we never want finance to restrict us from helping. We are delivering training to some groups in real need, with little or no finance, and operating on a purely voluntary base in areas of high deprivation and, by contrast, have delivered to groups who have more resources, we hope that groups will examine their own means and pay for our involvement based on this. As guidance, we offer the following suggestions:
- For an evening session (depending on travel time) a suggested figure of between £50 and £150 would be appropriate plus travel expenses.
- For a day session a suggested figure of between £150-300 would be appropriate plus travel expenses.
- Event hosts are free to set their own charges for people attending the events and pass on profits to a local project in their area.
If you would like to discuss this further, have questions, or would like to consider FYT’s involvement then please contact the FYT office:
0121 687 3505
FYT: mission with young people at risk
Frontier Youth Trust (FYT) is working with young people at risk towards justice, equality and community; we are a Christian network dedicated to helping young people and communities experience life in all its it fullness. We work directly with young people at risk, resource youth workers through training and publications, and give a voice to those on the margins. We do all this so that young people on the margins can feel and experience God.