FYT mission statement: Mission with young people at risk
FYT is dedicated to working with young people at risk. As a Christian network dedicated to advancing the Kingdom of God, we are committed to justice, equality and community. These principles affect how we work with everyone - young people, youth workers, other organisations and within FYT itself.
Frontier Youth Trust – our objectives:
- To work with young people at risk in ways which value their uniqueness, give them a voice and help them change the structures that do not promote justice, equality and community.
- To train and resource youth workers and youth organisations working with young people at risk and to base this training on our direct work.
- To publish materials which are resources for working with young people at risk and which give a voice to those on the margins.
Frontier Youth Trust – our values:
Mission community expressed in local, regional and national ways. A community which is in costly solidarity with those who are marginalised in society and church and which is engaged in theological reflection of its activity.
Pioneering movement which is flexible, creative and experimental, one which respects, listens to and identifies with those at the edges of society and church.
Nations movement with a commitment to develop, mobilise and serve frontier youth work in all parts of the UK. Our purposes: FYT exists in order that young people who are marginalised from church and society are able to:
- Feel and experience God as well as hear Him
- Contribute to changing the things which exclude them
- Make a contribution to understanding and developing the Kingdom of God
FYT: mission with young people at risk
Frontier Youth Trust (FYT) is working with young people at risk towards justice, equality and community; we are a Christian network dedicated to helping young people and communities experience life in all its it fullness. We work directly with young people at risk, resource youth workers through training and publications, and give a voice to those on the margins. We do all this so that young people on the margins can feel and experience God.